1. It is the most abundant mineral on Earth after oxygen and silicon.
2. Aluminium is globally the most used metal that does not contain iron.
3. Recycling aluminium requires only five percent of the energy that extracting it from ore requires according to the EPA
4. Because of aluminium's high likelihood of binding with oxygen, pure aluminium is almost never found in nature.
5. About 75 percent of all aluminum ever made is still in use, thanks to recycling, according to the Aluminum Association.
6. The Washington Monument was decorated in 1884 with an aluminum cap because it was one of the most precious metals at the time.
7. Aluminum was classified as a precious metal during the mid-19th century. Napoleon III
gave aluminum cutlery to his most distinguished guests; all the other guests had to eat
with gold cutlery.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The arrival of autumn and the corresponding end to the summer growing season doesn’t mean that gardeners have to hang up their tools for the winter. Planting bulbs in containers for early spring flowers is a great way to extend the gardening season into fall/winter while getting a jump start on garden color in the spring!